Advanced Yoga Teacher Training | Reunion Yoga and Meditation, Cape Town
Re-visit your teaching skills and understanding of what yoga is to you. Discover the how and why of teaching methodologies and techniques based on cutting-edge research, balanced with the age-old roots and traditions of the practice. 300 hours together with your 200 hour certificate makes up a 500 hour certification.
Four distinct modules:
This 300 hour training is divided into four modules that enhance and integrate with each other. The modules can be taken in any order and over any period of time allowing you the flexibility to complete the training in your own time.
Each module will include the practice of yoga techniques and skills, some teaching theory, anatomy and physiology and some philosophy on living skills related to the practice. All are aimed at helping us apply our love of yoga in the best way possible, as the healing technology of becoming more whole, integrated and aware in both physical and non-physical levels.
Module 1: 60 hr Deeper anatomy and therapeutic applications of yoga
Part time: 29 January – 4 March | ZAR 4900
Every Wednesdays: 8:30am – 3:30pm
Monday 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th February: 6:30 – 8:45pm
Advanced applied anatomy & physiology – this module is based on current research trends in movement therapies. It includes only cutting-edge application of movement science. This is where you develop a deeper understanding of functional anatomy and physiology in asana, pranayama and meditation. Included here are sub-modules on specialising for particular needs: working with athletes and yoga as therapy. This module includes a research project. This module will consist of 48 hours of contact training and 12 hours of research into a therapeutic aspect of yoga.
We will address things like:
- What it really mean to ‘stack the bones’
- Using a ‘muscle lines’ approach to assess imbalances in the tensegrity of our alignment
- Better understanding injury management
- What is involved in the healing process
- The relationship between strength, flexibility, mobility and coordination from a Western perspective (physiology)
- Functional movement and dysfunctional movement
Module 2: 70 hr Advanced teaching methodologies and practical application of theory
Full time: 13 to 19 May 2020 | ZAR 7 800 | Early bird (before 15 February) R7 000
8:30am – 5:30pm
Part time: 13 May – 17 June 2020 | ZAR 7 800 | Early bird (before 15 February) R7 000
Every Wednesdays: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Every Monday: 6:30 – 8:45pm
There are a plenty of alignment myths and teaching practices that are out-of-step with how our bodies work functionally in yoga asana. It is included specifically to address methods and techniques of teaching that are guaranteed to elevate how you teach yoga:
- Addressing alignment myths
- Methodology of sequencing
- Observation and adjustment techniques
- Using your voice
- Discover what makes you an excellent teacher: of yourself and others
The course concludes with a case study and practical application of the theory covered.
Module 3: 70 hr Yoga for Sports course
Full time: 15 – 20 July 2020 | ZAR 7 800 | Early bird (before April) R7 000
8:30am – 5:30pm
There is a growing interest in yoga among athletes – from footballers to runners and triathletes. They are looking to us as yoga teachers to help them keep their bodies strong and to achieve mental focus. This 5-day unique training led Jim Harrington will offer you the skills to work with and teach athletes effectively and safely. If you are a yoga teacher, a personal trainer or a movement therapist working with soft tissues, then this cutting edge course could be for you. Having worked directly with the Indian National Cricket Team in a bid to improve fitness and mental focus, and subsequently touring India with the Delhi Daredevils IPL team, Jim has first hand experience of working with athletes.
Module 4: 100 hr Roots & Traditions of Yoga
1 -10 October 2020 | Early bird (before 15 February) ZAR 13 000
Retreat with Jim to India to the Himalayas, exploring philosophy, lifestyle and self-exploration . Explore where yoga came from, and what it means for you as a Modern Yogi. Immerse yourself in the study of Upanishads and The Yoga Sutras in a practical way that will transform your inner practice.
Places are limited. Please get in touch to reserve your place.
REQUIREMENTS, BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY
Applicants must have an established yoga practice, as well as completed a 200 hrs. teacher training programme. Application Process:
- Submit an application form. Application forms are available for download: Click Here.
- Email the application form to us as soon as possible.
Payment & Refunds:
- Upon acceptance into the module of your choice, enrol with a deposit of ZAR 3,000 to secure your place.
- Submit full payment by 4 weeks prior to the starting date of the course.
- Refund of 80% of the course fee will be given if the cancellation is 21 days before the start date of the course.
- No refunds for cancellations 20 days or less before the start date of the course, but can be used for future courses and trainings.