YOGA ADJUSTMENTS WORKSHOPS WITH JIM HARRINGTON
27 Feb & 5 Mar 2016. 11.30 – 2.30 pm. ZAR 600. Booking essential.
Jim will teach and demonstrate how to adjust skilfully, safely and with confidence. Broken into two 3-hour sessions, you will learn how to work with functional anatomy for maximum effectiveness.
|Session One: 27 Feb, 2016. 11.30 – 2.30 pm||Safety of the lower back, pelvis and sacro-iliac joint in standing postures and twists|
|Session Two: 5 Mar, 2016. 11.30 – 2.30 pm||Stability of the upper spine and it’s connection to the base|
The course you will cover (but not be limited to) the following asana:
- Ardha Chandrasana (Half moon pose)
- Udhva Danurasana (Upward-facing bow pose)
- Bird postures such as Bakasana (crow) and Galavasana (flying pigeon pose)
You will learn:
- Breakdown of the most popular yoga postures
- Understand anatomical, physiological and energetic effects of adjustments
- How to adjust for functional alignment
- Working skilfully to deepen the student’s practice
- Contraindications for adjustments
Workshop supports teaching and practice – open students and teachers.
Booking in advance is essential – spaces are limited, secure yours early. Contact us to book.
Cost: ZAR 600
JHYU teacher training graduates: ZAR 300