Knee issues

Home Forums Yoga Therapy Knee issues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gatto 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gatto
    Participant

Any good yoga therapy suggestions and or ideas for injured knees.

lee-sa
    Participant

Hey Gatto, have you checked out IAYT (International Association of yoga therapists) website? Some useful articles-including asana work in there. Not sure if you have to be a member to access though, if you cant let me know and I will look for you. What kind of injuries? A very worthwhile membership if you are interested in yoga therapy by the way, even though it is a bit pricey!  Lee-Sa

Gatto
    Participant

Hi Lee-Sa, My knees started popping out from doing yoga and for some reason the left knee came right but my right just seems to stay stiff. I cant do any janu sirsasanas on the right side properly or even a balasana of that matter. I thought of giving it some rest so that it could recover but it’s been months now and I’ve not been able to regain any flexibility back in the knee or to the extent of what it use to be. My left seems to be going well as I’ve been strengthening the supporting muscles but got a feeling that it has got something to do with my hips. Shot for the site will go and check it out. Ciao

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.