Jim Harrington is the leading ‘teacher of teachers’ in South Africa’s yoga community. Internationally trained, Jim was registered with the International Yoga Alliance as Experienced Yoga Teacher Trainer (ERYT) in 2005 and has trained and mentored hundreds of teachers since then.
The Level One Course may be taken with no aspiration to be a teacher, but just as an immersive experience to deepen ones connection to yoga. The Advanced course is for teachers who have already qualified with a 200hr Yoga Alliance certified course. Both experiences guaranteed to change the way that you view, teach and practice yoga. Visiting international students enjoy an unforgettable stay in Cape Town, one of the most spectacular cities in the world.
Full Cost: R26 500 – Early bird discount: R23 350 for full payment 10 weeks prior
Full Time: 01 – 26 November 2022
This course fills quickly. Apply Now.
This Yoga Teacher Training Course builds a strong foundation to begin teaching the art of yoga safely and effectively. The Level One course is a pre-requisite to taking the more advanced level Modules that make up the 500 hour course.
Part time Training – Weekends:
July 23rd – September 10th 2022 – Weekend modular program
Dates & times 7am – 16:00pm
- Saturday Only: July 30th | August 13th, 27th | September 10th
- Saturday & Sunday: July 23rd, 24th | August 6th, 7th | August 20th, 21st| September 3rd, 4th
- In addition to these weekend dates there will be additional home study and class attendance.
Full time Training 2023
February 6th – March 4th
Click here for the course prospectus: Jim Harrington Teacher Training
Students who have successfully completed any Yoga Alliance 200hr course are eligible to apply to take part in the next 300hrs of training. Experienced students of yoga may also apply to join one or more of these modules to deepen their practice.
Four Distinct Modules
This 300 hour training is divided into 4 distinct modules giving you the flexibility to complete the training in your own time. Modules can be completed whenever suits you, and not necessarily within a 12 month period:
- Module 1 – Deeper anatomy and therapeutic applications of Yoga – The science . Includes practical work and a research project.
- Module 2 – Finding your next level as a teacher. Advanced teaching methods including adjustments, sequencing, voice work and ‘reading’ clients.
- Module 3 – Yoga for Sports – Specific yoga applications for performance, recovery, functional movement, injuries, including breathing, visualisation and meditation for psychological strength. A framework to apply yoga to all kinds of sport. Includes practical work and a research project.
- Module 4 – Origins and Traditions of Yoga – Indian Retreat – The subtle side of Yoga and the ‘culture’ practiced in Indian Himalaya, is often a ‘missing link’ in the west. This module focusses on deeper Pranayama, meditation and exploration of philosophy.