Yoga for Sports Training - 15 hour Workshops - 60hr Short Course
Yoga For Sports – Level One
Single Weekend – 15 hours
Covers the basic concepts of Yoga For Sports and provides the foundations for working with yoga as an athlete or as a yoga teacher working with athletes.
Generally this Is presented in 5 sessions over a weekend or 2 to 3 days
Cost : 2950.00.
Key outcomes are:
Understanding and practicing healthy breathing, and breath practices for athletes to initiate calming, and improve recovery
Key biomechanical alignment principles for safety in yoga practice and for sustainable training in any field.
Functional movement patterns and injury prevention in Yoga
A tried and tested foundation asana sequence which is scalable and adaptable with modifications for tight sportspeople.
Yoga Breathing – Pranayama,
The tools of the mind and entering flow state
An accessible meditation practice for beginners
Host a 15 hr Yoga For sports Level One Training at your venue
Yoga For Sports -Level two 60 hr immersion
This is a deeper immersion into the yoga for sports techniques and methodology. We build on the foundation of the short program and as such, some prior study of basic Anatomy and Physiology will be useful. This course refines and takes a deeper dive into the anatomy of spinal posture, optimum joint function and injury management with guidance on 31 specific alignment keys.
It includes intermediate level Yoga breathing and meditation methods for athletes and delves into yoga psychology and sports psychology.
Includes a supervised 6 week case study for Yoga Teachers to put into practice the lessons learned.
(5 day immersion or 6 single days)
Cost : R7900.00
A must for athletes, physiotherapists, biokineticists, yoga teachers and sports professionals. This cutting-edge training includes the most relevant and critical information in the field of Yoga for Sports.
- 31 Yoga alignment keys
- The art of teaching for the needs of Athletes.
- Breath-work for sports, respiratory fitness, improved lung volume and understanding VO2 Max
- Sports Injuries: how yoga compliments pre-hab and rehab
- Further injury prevention in Yoga though alignment technique
- How we learn. Conditioning, motor control, neuroplasticity and the role of a yoga practice.
- Designing specific yoga programs for individual athletic performance
- Posture, and muscle imbalance . Regaining optimum sports posture for performance and longevity in sport.
- Physical and Mental advantage in sports
Host a Yoga For sports 5 day Training at your venue